Did you know?
Facts of Wageningen
- • On average, the Forum restaurant (1st floor) hosts 750 guests per day.
- • On average, Cormet serves 30% more daily guests than the previous caterer.
- • 87% of the guests arrive between 12.00 – 13.00 and the average waiting time is 5 minutes.
- • Of all meats, chicken has the lowest environmental impact.
- • The production of a water bottle requires water and oil.
- • The sustainable product range of supermarkets is growing.
- • Switzerland is the greenest country in the world.
- • Parkinson's disease, asthma, eczema, depression, migraines and even irritable bowel syndrome are increasingly associated with pesticides.
- • Anyone who lives in the industrialised world annually consumes about 5 pounds of additives, a gram of heavy metals, and at least 4.5 litres of pesticides.
- • The products most sprayed by pesticides are: potatoes, lemons, cherries, mandarins and capsicum. The least sprayed by pesticides are: pineapples, asparagus, melon and red cabbage.
- • Too many E-numbers in your food will damage your liver.
- • In addition to water, air and light, the main source of energy for your body is food.
- • The term 'light' on packaging may mean 30% less sugar, 30% less fat, or 30% fewer calories.
- • Herbs like oregano and thyme have high nutritional values.
- • Broccoli contains substances that inhibit the development of cancer.
- • Green tea helps prevent high cholesterol and high blood pressure.
- • Red Capsicum is healthier than yellow or green ones.
- • Cinnamon is not only a good flavour, but also has a strong antibacterial effect.
- • Raw ginger is highly effective against parasites.